What Type of Personal Information Does Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation Gather?
The information we gather from our customers is used to help us personalize and improve our website. What we gather is listed below:
- Information You Give Us: You provide this information when you search, buy, post, participate in a questionnaire or otherwise input any information on our site. As a result of these actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of companies and people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, shipping your orders, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation if your computer supports such capabilities. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources such as third party shippers and credit bureaus when processing your credit card.
Does Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation Sell Or Share The Information It Gathers?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not share this with unnecessary third parties. Examples of instances when your information might be shared include:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We do sometimes employ 3rd parties to help service you better. Examples include order fulfilment, delivery, sending postal mail and e-mail, data analyzing, marketing assistance and credit card payment processing. They will have access to the relevant personal information required to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. However, this does not include the selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- Consent: Unless noted above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Your Information?
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you enter to protect the security of your information during transmission.
We will only provide the first five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. When processing your order, the entire credit card number is provided to the credit card company but will be done in a secure, encrypted method.
What About Links to Other Web sites?
Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?
Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation gives access to a broad range of information gathered about you and the interactions on the website. Examples of information you can currently access readily at Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences and address book), payment settings (including credit card information, or account balances), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and recommendations. This list is subject to change.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation Customer features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section, above. When you update information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records and for compliance related issues.
- To stop your browser from accepting new cookies and deleting old cookies, use the "help" on the toolbar on most browsers will tell you.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concerns about privacy at Millerdale Tool & Machine Corporation, please contact us, and we will try to resolve you issue. The Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use are subject to change without notification. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.